DIY Leather Keychain
A few weeks ago I saw this great DIY video on Brit + Co for a DIY Leather Key-Chain with a iPhone charger cord. I made my own version but without the charger cord!
Materials you will need:
- hot glue gun
- hot glue gun sticks
- key rings
- Start off by laying out your leather and cutting out a rectangle piece. I folded a piece of computer paper in half as a guide for my shape. So about 5.5" x 4.25" for the dimensions.
- After cutting the rectangle, cut a long, but skinny strip from the top. This will be set up on your key ring.
- Then, cut the remaining fabric into thirds. You will be using two of these sections.
- Cut the first section into skinny strips, but keep a chunk of fabric at the top. This will serve as part of the fringe for the keychain.
- Do the same thing on another section but with thicker strips.
- Hot glue your first long, skinny strip to your key ring. I folded over the fabric and set with the hot glue.
- Next, wrap the skinny strips section around the main strip on the key ring.
- Do the same thing with the thicker strip, wrapping around the entire bundle.
- There ya go! You have your leather keychain!