Hi there! I recently was nominated for the Liebster Award by Cecilia of The Broke Girl’s Closet. Thanks for the nomination Cecilia! I’m excited to answer your questions. Be sure to check out her blog!
This award is made as fun way to get to know bloggers and discover new ones.
The rules are:
- thank the blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
- answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- tell your readers 11 facts about you
- nominate 11 bloggers for the lobster award
- ask your nominees to answer 11 questions
Here are the answers to your questions, Cecilia!
- Why & how did you decide to start a blog? I started Keeping the Creativity to renew a lost creative spark in my day-to-day life. I have done blogs, more like personal journals in the past, but I wanted a more structured site.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? That’s a hard one! I have a bunch of favorites, but Breakfast at Tiffany’s is a classic one for me.
- How do you find inspiration for your blog in day-to-day life? Instagram is a huge source and Facebook pages like Brit + Co have awesome inspiration. They always have fun DIYs I want to try to create.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your friends? Hang out at a new place in Birmingham.
- Where is your favorite place to shop? Paper Source is my go-to spot. They certainly get a good chunk of my paycheck.
- What’s your dream for your blog in the future? Where do you hope it takes you? I certainly hope to expand and connect with other creatives or big brands. I want to learn from others to expand my opportunities. I just want to learn from various mentors. It would be awesome if one day I became a mentor to someone else because of my creative work through KTC.
- Is your blog something you keep private, something only friends know, or something you tell everyone? I tell everyone! I want to reach as many people as possible.
- What’s your favorite color? Blue!
- Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life? My mom has been a huge inspiration for my life. She always reiterates the phrase “shine bright.” Spreading love and kindness should be a top priority in everything that I do and my mom certainly encourages me to do so.
- Who is your favorite music artist/band? Halsey has been one of my favorites lately! I love her music style.
- What’s your favorite silly pun? Probably any pun my boyfriend, Keith tries to slip by me. He is always one to make a joke.
Random Facts about Me!
- I like paper products a little too much. I have at least three planners for 2016.
- I am a little too proud of my Instagram theme. I have worked hard on that thing!
- I wear black clothing way too much, even though I am a huge fan of color.
- I currently live in Birmingham, AL, but I have lived in nine different cities in the southeast.
- I like to consider myself an organized person, but the backseat of my car would tell you otherwise.
- I love designing print materials. Grad announcements, packets, business cards, etc.
- I have a younger brother, Tanner. He acts more like an older one!
- My favorite food is grilled cheese. Doughnuts are a close second though!
- I believe a good nap can cure almost any problem.
- Trash TV is my weakness.
- I love listening to podcasts during my morning commute or way home. Do you have any recommendations for me? Tweet them at me!
Here are my nominees!
- Katie Niemic at Little Black Blog
- Brooke Ellen at In a World of Bees
- LaQuin Taylor at emagine
- Beth Branch at bethcakes
- Megan Schmidt at Linens and Leggings
- Laurel Taylor at Adventures Right Outside the Yellow Door
- Natalie Osborn at Thirty-Seventh Avenue
- Summer Breeze Telban at Coffee with Summer
- Halee Brooke McKenzie at Halee Brooke
- Elise Burkhead at Sunday Charm Blog
- Katelyn Swanson at This Is Not That
Questions for nominees
- What is the purpose behind your blog?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What is your go-to social media platform?
- How long does it normally take you to create a post?
- What is an area of your blog you want to improve or work on?
- What tool do you think every blogger should have?
- What is your favorite smart phone app?
- What is your favorite item of clothing in your closet?
- Who do you bounce ideas off with the most and why?
- How do you relieve stress?
- Guilty pleasure TV show?
Thanks for this fun activity, Cecilia! Excited to read the other nominees’ responses!